Saturday, September 13, 2008

Time After Time (AnneElise) - My cover of a classic R.E.M. track

First and foremost this assignment was very vague so I interpreted the way I thought. We had to do something with time or time in It . So I chose to spend time on a Saturday night to record a song by one of my favorite bands R.E.M. that has a title of Time After Time(AnneElise) . The total recording and mix took about two and a half hours. I recorded all the instruments myself : guitar, bongos,tambourine, and vocals. Still learning how to use the software so this was my first try at recording a multi-track recording . The song is off of R.E.M.'s 1984 album "Reckoning".

Here it is :

https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/mrchurch/Filemanager_Private_Files/Time%20After%20Time_AnneElise_.mp3

Lyrics :

http://www.metrolyrics.com/time-after-time-annelise-lyrics-rem.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The link doesn't work for me :(

But,

R.E.M. is my favorite band... ever. It makes me happy that you covered such a great song. Reckoning is amazing and it always brings back memories. From "Harborcoat" to "Little America," I love every minute of it.

I hope the link works soon! This makes me excited! :D


Sorry for sounding like an idiot, but I get happy when people really like R.E.M.

-Bianca

j.nick said...

Sweetness. Sounds really good and lo-fi. Doubling the vocals gave it a lot of depth. Kudos b/c i will never sing.