Saturday, October 4, 2008

Senses - Part 1 (Mon - Wed)

Monday – Sense #1 (Hearing)

Pardon me but my ears are a little clogged up with Chocolate pudding but tonight I focused on hearing. I would say this is my favorite sense and I really wanted to come home after school tonight and listen to some music. I have been busy the last few days so I haven’t really had time to listen to the IPOD. I drifted off to sleep listening to Spiritualized new album “Songs in A and E”. I being a definite musicholic can judge a great album if it relaxes you enough to make you fall into a dream state. Music is what I focus with this sense most of the time .My ears can pick up sounds that you would not notice .I can hear every layered guitar, the harmonium in the middle section or the tambourine in the chorus . So in closing I never take this sense for granted.

Tuesday – Sense # 2 (Touch)

When I was tasting my Pop tart this morning I accidently cut my inside gum in the right side of my mouth. Man, I was in pain all day I could only chew on my left side the whole day. I guess you would have to say that the inside our mouths are very sensitive to the touch and that this is one place where you don’t want to cut yourself. The real part that sucks is that ruined my appetite for the rest of the freakin’ day. Oh well maybe this is just what I need to lose a few pounds.

Wednesday – Sense # 3 (Taste)

Luckily last night I took a few Tylenol PM’s and woke up today feeling much better this morning. Tacos are the cure for me when I am having a bad day. I went out with a few friends for lunch and ate off the dollar menu at Taco Bell. I still can’t believe you can eat there for five bucks and be good for the rest of the day. Taste is a pleasure. I really think this might be the sense that is taken for granted. When you having a craving for something and can really enjoy the flavor such as Cheesy Double Beef Burrito or a Volcano Taco it really makes you feel good. I know it’s stupid I love food and if I couldn’t taste anything it would be the worst torture anybody could put me through. Oh yeah and maybe having to listen to Country music.

No comments: