Sunday, October 5, 2008

Senses - Part 2 (Thu - Sat)

Thursday - Sense #4 (Smell)

This day I took some time to smell things. I really don't know how to write about what you smell and describe these sensations but I will let you in on the details. While driving to work this morning I got behind a car that was smoking pretty heavily and was having major engine problems. I absolutely hate the smell of an engine about to blow. It's happened to me before so I know what it's like. Next at work somebody did not flush the toilet in the
men's room and it stunk up the bathroom for the rest of the day. I guess you really only pay attention to smell when it's something you don't like. I really don't know what I like to smell maybe some fresh bread or donuts. This is my least favorite sense and if I had to lose one this might be the one. Although if I have BO then how would I know?

Friday - Sense #5 (Vision)

Well ever since I was 7 I have been terribly nearsighted. I have to have my glasses on to see things clearly. I really love HDTV now. I bought a Hi Definition TV last year with my tax return and ever since I think I watch more TV than ever. Vision is where I feel the most emotion , I love to watch anything to do with nature and love the beauty of this planet. I was on the phones up at the receptionist desk Friday morning . The sun was coming up and this long line of clouds was moving across the sky .These clouds looked like a big gigantic spaceship moving through the sky and it took like 30 minutes to move across the building .I just kept glancing at it when I wasn't answering the phones and with the sun just starting to rise it was amplified even more. This is when you realize how blessed you are that you have something like this to look at. There just something so peaceful and tranquil about looking at what God has bestowed on us and you should never take what you are given for granted.

Saturday - Sense#6 (Perception of Time)

Somebody mentioned this in class so I thought I would elaborate more on this. I was working on some projects today and could feel like I knew what time it was even when I wasn't looking at the clock and that's the way I've always been with this sense. I wake up every morning and beat my alarm clock because I know it's time to get up. I wondered when and where this all started I think it had to start when I was in the military.Every day of military life is so structured and it's a repetitive process that you just mentally lock in to this sense . I don't believe in talking with dead people so that why I choose this as my sixth sense.

No comments: