Sunday, October 26, 2008

Art Gallary - Inspiration






Yesterday , I went to the Indianapolis Museum of Art for the first time in about 15 years. I think I appreciate art now more than when I was in high school. I was particularly blown away by the Stain glass and the Civil War portrait. The Civil War portrait was painted while the artist was recuperating from injuries he suffered in battle. I think with every picture tells a story and these men just needed time to not think about killing their fellow Americans and spend some quality male bonding time . There was no Football, Iphones or Playstations back then so I guess the main source of entertainment was playing cards.Anyway I like the American flag painted in the background I just wish the photo came out better but it was real dark in there and they were giving a tour so I just took a quick shot. I went outside and walked the gardens and came across these number sculptures and snapped a picture. I don't know if this was all too inspiring but one thing I can take away is this was another day where I just tried to find a little peace and looking at the beautiful work made me feel quite mellow. MC.

No comments: